SQL Relay: Free, Full Day SQL Server Events
If you’ve not heard the news yet, then where have you been hiding?! With SQLBits X such a phenomenal success, but already a distant memory, we’re all looking for the next SQL Server community event to learn, network and enjoy.
The 2012 SQL Relay, following on from the great inaugural events last year, have now been announced and registration is open.
Where are they?
- Monday 21st May – Edinburgh
- Tuesday 22nd May – Manchester
- Wednesday 23rd May – Birmingham
- Thursday 24th May – Bristol
- Wednesday 30th May – London
Each event is different, but with a common theme. The awesome line-up of speakers include:
- Morris Novello, Microsoft, SQL Server Product Manager
- Andrew Fryer, Microsoft, Technical Evangelist [blog|twitter]
- Allan Mitchell, MVP [blog|twitter]
- Chris Testa O’Neill, MVP [blog|twitter]
- Chris Webb, MVP [blog|twitter]
- Martin Bell, MVP [blog]
- Jamie Thompson, MVP [blog|twitter]
- Tony Rogerson, MVP [blog|twitter]
As well as sessions from Microsoft partners and sponsors.
How big are these events?
Each of the 5 venues have different capacities, but in the region of 100-120 attendees per event.
What’s the format?
Each event has a morning session, in which the Microsoft speakers and partners will cover the technical challenges facing IT, and an overview of SQL 2012 and its new features that can help.
The afternoon sessions will be technical deep dives by the selection of World class MVPs.
Some events will also have an evening session, which will extend the technical sessions until 9pm, to cater for those who can’t get time off work!
You can come to 1, 2 or all 3 sessions, just mark your preference during registration.
How can this be free?!
Thanks to the kind generosity of our sponsors, who include:
|Silver Sponsor||Fusion IO|
Say no more… Sign me up!
Thought you’d say that – register at SQLServerFAQ.com
I’m delighted to be running the Birmingham event, so look forward to seeing you there!